STARRY Counseling in Waco
The STARRY Counseling staff in Waco provides services to McLennan county.
Counseling is available at no cost for families with children from birth to 17 years of age, with supportive funding provided in part by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
To schedule an appointment or talk to an intake specialist, call (254) 399-6552.
Who qualifies for our services?
• Families with children from infancy up to age 17
• Families that reside in or attend school in McLennan County
• We provide services at no cost (insurance and money are never an issue)
Families with open CPS cases may not qualify.
Our goals are to:
• Identify and eliminate problem behavior
• Focus on family interaction
• Reduce the risk of child abuse and neglect
• Improve communication
• Help reduce and resolve family conflict
• Improve self esteem
• Improve social skills
• Network with other community agencies to help families in Central Texas
• Connect families with more intensive services if needed
Our services include:
• Individual counseling
• Group counseling
• Family counseling
• Parenting classes
Click here for a description and list of groups and classes offered in the past.
Child Abuse Prevention (UCAP)
• Improves public awareness of the signs, causes and prevention of child abuse and neglect
• Provides educational materials and presentations at no charge
• STARRY programs are offered at various locations in the community on a limited basis
• We can bring our workshops, classes and presentations to you upon request