STARRY Operation Strong Families (OPSF) focuses on serving our military community, including active duty, reserve, National Guard, retiree, and veteran families (with any discharge type). Military Family Specialists are able to meet with families in-home or at the office for monthly or bi-weekly visits, depending on family needs. OPSF services military families with children 0-5 years old. The program provides vision and hearing screenings which may help detect early development delays. Services are provided at no cost and do not require a referral. OPSF uses the Parents as Teachers curriculum, which focuses on parent-child interaction, development-centered parenting, and family well-being. This curriculum empowers families by building strong relationships, resilience, and confidence in parents in order to promote optimal early development, learning, and health of children before they begin school.
OPSF is honored to have the opportunity to come alongside men and women in the service, as well as their families, to help ease the transitions involved in military life and offer parenting support along the way. Each family's story is unique and we are blessed to walk with them through the joys and difficulties of every season of life.
For more information on the OPSF Program, contact our Killeen office by calling 254-213-2035 or email us.
To schedule an appointment or talk to an intake specialist, call (254) 434-5232.
Who qualifies for our services?
• Families with children from infancy up to age 17
• Families that reside in or attend school in counties served by the Stephenville office.
• We provide services at no cost (insurance and money are never an issue)
Families with open CPS cases may not qualify.
Our goals are to:
• Identify and eliminate problem behavior
• Focus on family interaction
• Reduce the risk of child abuse and neglect
• Improve communication
• Help reduce and resolve family conflict
• Improve self esteem
• Improve social skills
• Network with other community agencies to help families in Central Texas
• Connect families with more intensive services if needed
Our services include:
• Individual counseling
• Group counseling
• Family counseling
• Parenting classes
Child Abuse Prevention
• Improves public awareness of the signs, causes and prevention of child abuse and neglect
• Provides educational materials and presentations at no charge
• STARRY programs may be offered in various locations in the community on a limited basis
• We can bring our workshops, classes and presentations to you upon request