MVPN: Trust Camaraderie Hope.
Come out and meet other veterans that have been where you are. Share your own experiences and growth. Do something fun with people that 'get' it!
- Armor of God Veterans Fight Club Group
- Combat Vet Support Group, Spousal Support Group @ Woodlands Methodist Chruch 7pm
- Lone Star Veterans Group
- Team RWB Functional Fitness
Mental Health Resources for Veterans in the Tri-County Area
Veterans Crisis line. The Veteran is encouraged to call, but ANY family member or close person can call on the Veteran’s behalf. 1-800-273-8255 PRESS 1 for the VETERAN CRISIS LINE www.veteranscrisisline.net
- The Vet Center. Readjustment counseling in a wide range of psycho social services offered to eligible Veterans and their families in the effort to make a successful transition from military to civilian life. Closest Location is off W. 1960, Vet Center #731 (713-578-4002). Good news is they have a counselor that comes up to the Montgomery County Veteran Service Office in Conroe every Wednesday. Call 936-539-7842 to get an appointment. Groups and individual sessions are available in Huntsville and Liberty as well. http://www.vetcenter.va.gov/
- The Refuge Trauma and Counseling Center. Located on 75 and 3083 in Conroe. They have day- programs and a group every Tuesday night specifically for COMBAT VETERANS. The group is $5, but if you don’t have it, they will still let you in. This place is awesome because they are therapy based vs. medication. Highly recommend them. www.refugetraumacenter.com/veterans
- Give an Hour. Give an Hour is a National organization that locates local Licensed Mental Health Professionals who are willing to donate an hour of their time to counsel Veterans and their families for FREE. One hour a week. The site is very easy, just hit 'search for a provider' and enter a zip code to see providers in the area. Choose a provider and call them and say you would like to get seen under Give an Hour.www.giveanhour.org
- Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare. 24/7 Crisis Line: 1-800-659-6994 Tri-County is the local mental health authority for Montgomery, Walker, and Liberty counties. Typically, in order to qualify for mental health services, a person must meet the financial threshold and diagnostic criteria for one of the following mental health disorders: Major Depression, Bipolar Disorder, or Schizophrenia. In order to be assessed, walk-in appointments are available on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday from 8:00-11:00am. Expanded mental health services are also available if the above diagnosis does not apply; appointments are available in Conroe and Huntsville by calling 936-521-6372. www.tcbhc.org