Read this first: The Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans' Assistance (FVA) awards reimbursement grants to eligible charitable organizations, local government agencies, and Veterans Service Organizations that provide direct services to Texas Veterans and their families. The FVA does not grant funds directly to Veterans. Veterans in need of assistance are asked to visit the Grants Awarded page at the Texas Veterans Commission website to find organizations in their area for information on receiving assistance.
The Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans’ Assistance is a program that awards reimbursement grants to eligible charitable organizations, local government agencies, and Veterans Service Organizations that provide direct services to Texas Veterans and their families. Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans’ Assistance grants address a broad range of needs, including:
- Limited emergency financial assistance;
- Transportation services;
- Counseling for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic Brain Injury;
- Housing assistance for homeless veterans;
- Family and child services;
- Legal services, excluding criminal defense; and
- Enhancement of veterans’ assistance programs, including veterans’ representation and counseling.
Grant Application and Application Information
The Texas Veterans Commission (TVC) encourages you to review the program’s history and the commission established priorities before beginning your application packet. The TVC About Us page offers more insight into their grant program. Please review all application documents before you submit your application to ensure that your organization is able to meet all program expectations.
Who Can Apply?
- Units of local government;
- IRS Code 501(c)(19) posts or organizations of past or present members of the Armed Forces;
- IRS Code 501(c)(3) private nonprofit organizations authorized to do business in Texas;
- Texas chapters of IRS Code 501(c)(4) Veterans service organizations; or
- Nonprofit organizations authorized to do business in Texas with experience providing services to Veterans.
There are three grant types:
Please follow the links above for more information.