The Cam Posey Memorial Scholarship Fund grants scholarships in the amount of $300.00 to qualified individuals to attend college or rehabilitation within the State of Texas in the order of need and preference as follows:
- Sons and daughters of Marines who have lost their lives in the line of duty;
- Sons and daughters of active members of the Department of Texas, Marine Corps League, or Marine Corps League Auxiliary;
- Grandchildren of active members of the Department of Texas, Marine Corps League, or Marine Corps League Auxiliary;
- Members of the Department of Texas, Marine Corps League, Marine Corps League Auxiliary, or any honorably discharged Marine in need of rehabilitation training not provided for in government programs.
Requirements for Obtaining a Scholarship:
- A letter from the applicants high school concerning the students ability , with a transcript of grades and a recommendation as to further education;
- A letter from the applicant with a brief life history, choice of studies, and College preference. A recent photograph (wallet size desired) of the applicant is to be attached and any connection with the Marine Corps League or United States Marine Corps, if any, should be noted;
- Proof of the applicant’s acceptance in a institute of higher education (preferred) or a letter from the applicant’s high school counselor stating intent;
- Completion of the application contained in the below download link.
Information Required on Application for Renewal
- Letter requesting renewal (deadline for submission is 1 May annually);
- Copy of last semesters grades;
- Proof of acceptance in an institute of higher learning.
The Deadline for Submission of the Application for Renewal Request is 1 May Annually
Mail the completed application/renewal request letter by 1 May, annually, to the Department Scholarship Chairman. The address and contact information can be found below by clicking the "Contact Info Here" link.