Welcome to the University of Texas of the Permian Basin! We are here to help you while you are in pursuit of your educational goals.
The mission of UTPB Veteran Services and Financial Literacy is to provide military veterans with the resources, support and advocacy needed to thrive while pursuing their educational, professional, and vocational goals and to help our veterans transition from military life to academic life successfully.
Veterans Education Benefits
UTPB participates in the following VA Education programs:
- Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)
- Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30)
- Montgomery GI Bill Selective Reserve (Chapter 1606)
- Dependents' Educational Assistance (Chapter 35)
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Chapter 31)
- Hazlewood Act (Texas Veterans)
We look forward to assisting you in reaching your educational goal. To get started contact Ralph Jimenez (or by phone 432-552-2638) the VA Certifying Official and he will send you a welcome packet and help you get started.
Veteran Benefit Links and Forms
- PIL: Parent Institution Letter for current UTPB students VA Parent Letter (PIL)
- VA 1 and VA 2: VA 1 VA 2
- GI Bill Page:
Veterans, dependents or spouses may obtain more information about the many programs that the Veterans Administration has available at: www. gibill.va.gov
- VA E Benefits Page:
Students wishing to apply for veterans education benefits should visit: www.ebenefits.va.gov
- Hazlewood Benefits:
Hazlewood benefits are handled through the Office of Financial Aid. Please contact them email@example.com or 432-552-2620 for more information.