Meals on Wheels Central Texas delivers hot, nutritious meals to the elderly, disabled, and homebound in the Greater Austin area. Aside from our signature meal-delivery program, Meals on Wheels Central Texas offers additional "And More" services.
- Meals on Wheels »Volunteers deliver meals to homebound clients
- Second Meals »Additional meals delivered to clients who are most nutritionally at-risk
- Veterans Services »Specialized care designed to meet the unique challenges and circumstances military veterans often face
- PALS »Volunteers transport clients’ pets for vet visits or deliver pet food monthly.
- Home Repair »For clients whose homes face serious structural issues related to health & safety
- Meals for Kids »Nutritious evening meals provided to low-income children
- Mike's Place »Volunteers help clients with Alzheimer's Disease and other forms of dementia
- Country Wheels »Seven frozen meals delivered once a week to clients living in rural areas
- HOPE »Volunteers deliver an extra bag of groceries once a month
- Congregate Meals »A place for active seniors to gather for games, physical activity, conversation and lunchtime meals
- Handy Wheels »Volunteers help clients with minor home repairs that are safety-related.
- Groceries to Go »Volunteers grocery shop twice a month for clients
Veterans Services Program
Meals on Wheels and More is honored to provide our life-sustaining services to hundreds of brave men and women who served our country honorably in the armed forces. These vital services include our hot, nutritious meals as well as general case management. But often times military veterans face unique challenges and circumstances that civilians don’t encounter. That’s why we’ve implemented our brand new Veterans Services Program. In addition to access to any of our “And More” services the military veterans we serve might need, this program also allows us to help these men and women navigate the often-times confusing array of benefits and resources available to veterans through a variety of government and private agencies.
To learn more about our Veterans Services program, Adrenne Mendoza, Bilingual Veteran Case Manager. 512-476-6325 ext 155 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Bernardo Romero, Korean War Veteran and MOWAM client pictured above with his dog Hog-Jaw.
This program is supported by a grant from the Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans’ Assistance. The Fund for Veterans’ Assistance provides grants to organizations serving veterans and their families.