Caritas provides a service continuum for those experiencing poverty that begins with a safety net and links them to resources to achieve self-sufficiency.
Caritas envisions a community where there is respect for all individuals, hope for those experiencing poverty and opportunities for self-reliance.
To be screened for services, please call intake line, 512.472.4135, Monday - Thursday at 8:00am - 4:00pm, Tuesday 8:00am - 6:30pm, and Friday 8:00-10:00am. A Caritas Screening and Intake Specialist will assess needs, provide community resource referrals, and schedule appointments if they are available.
If you are calling for utility assistance, please have your current bill available for the screening process. In the interim, please call 211 or visit the 211 website at www.211centraltexas.org for referrals to other service providers. SUPPORTIVE SERVICES FOR VETERAN FAMILIES
SUPPORTIVE SERVICES FOR VETERANS
Caritas of Austin's Supportive Services for Veteran Families program (SSVF) is designed to increase the housing stability of veteran families that are at-risk of or experiencing homelessness. This year, Caritas of Austin will help prevent or end homelessness for 150 veteran families. Services provided through SSVF are based on household need and may include:
• Temporary financial assistance to acquire or maintain permanent housing
• Case management providing an organized, structured process for moving participants through the process of change toward the goal of self-sufficiency
• Housing location services
• Job readiness and employment services
• Financial Literacy, Life Skills, and Tenant Rights and Responsibilities education
• Assistance in obtaining VA and other public benefits
To receive supportive services through the SSVF program you must meet all of the following criteria:
• Reside in Travis, Williamson, or Bastrop County
• Have a household income less than 30% of the Area Median Income (AMI) (see income chart)
• Be a member of a Veteran family (single individual or multi-person household)
• Be eligible for VA health benefits
To learn more about the Veterans Program at Caritas of Austin, you may contact the Screening & Assessment line at 512-472-4135 or attend a Veterans Orientation meeting. SSVF orientation meetings are held at Caritas of Austin every Monday at 2:00pm except January 20, February 17, May 26, September 1, and October 13.
For veterans seeking assistance, we request the following documentation be presented at orientation sessions: photo ID, proof of household income, Social Security cards for all household members.
Caritas of Austin serves Travis County. There are numerous volunteer opportunities. Be sure to visit