Write, create and update internal post orders to include proper grammar, spelling, format and logical information flow. Will implement and improve existing monthly training/educational initiatives. Conducts inspections of security officers and current work locations; providing feedback to security officers and operations manager. Requires knowledge of each site’s Post Orders; assists and responds to security officers’ needs in the field. Will assists Operations Manager.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Will create test content formats to beadministered to the security officers on a monthly basis.
- Monitors and reports on the effectiveness of monthly knowledge skills & assessments issued to employees to the Operations Manager.
- Trains officers, as needed, on responsibilities and knowledge of their post assignment.
- Responsible for all aspects of security officer’s duties; inspects security officers uniforms, dress and appearance, reports, downloaded scan data.
- Inspects security posts for cleanliness and current Post Orders; tests the officers working the site on knowledge of the Post Orders for that specific site and general security officer responsibilities.
- Inspects company issued equipment, i.e. scanners, cellular phones, computer equipment; responsible for inventory control of equipment, periodic maintenance and repair scheduling.
- Downloads data from accounts which have no data/computer access.
- Reviews scan data and report uploads for accuracy and completeness.
- Schedules security officers and responds to call-offs and rescheduling of shift assignments.
- Audits reports for accuracy and conciseness; addresses irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards.
- Enforces regulations designed to prevent breaches of security.
- Exercises judgment and uses discretion in dealing with emergencies and security violations encountered.
- Enforces standards of conduct of security officers; follows up on areas of improvement.
- Coordinates vehicle maintenance pick up/drop off and inspections with Patrol Supervisor.
- Works in close concert with Operations Manager; assists with checking timesheets, payroll, and billing.
- Responds to requests from Management team and Clients in a timely fashion.
- Required, on rotational basis, to be the Emergency On-Call contact and work holidays.
- Will manages multiple projects as needed.
Provides supervision to Security Officers and addresses needs and issues of Patrol Officers, while on shift.
Previous post orders writing experience is preferred.
Must possess excellent written and verbal presentation.
Excellent communication skills are required.
Must possess and maintain good, clean driving record.
High school diploma or GED.
Be able to pass a background check & a drug test.
Must possess 3 years prior Security officer/law enforcement or related experience; 2 years supervisory or managerial experience can be substituted for 2 years of security field experience, additionally.
Must possess a minimum of 2 years supervisory knowledge and/or experience; Bachelor or advance degree can substitute for minimum supervisory experience
Be able to meet Texas DPS Level I & II licensure requirements.
Computer skills – Proficient; able to operate various systems, scanners, etc.
Professional Appearance – exemplify Priebe Security Services dress code. Attention to detail.
Must be able to perform rigorous driving patrol duties for an entire eight-hour shift. Essential duties require the ability to drive, stand, stoop, bend, and walk
Ability to lift and move 40 lbs unassisted.
Must have 20/20 or better corrected vision and good night vision.
Dependent on client site location; can be indoors, outdoors, mixed environment. Exposure to elements.
Ability to solve practical problems expertly and deal with a variety of concrete variables in critical situations.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Must be able to read and write reports, with only minimal clarification support.
Must be able to document incidents and information in a legible, clear, and concise manner; ability to complete routine paperwork.
Must be able to give clear, concise instructions and training to security officers.
Must possess good verbal communications and strong customer service skills.